|1 guest||12,000 JPY||14,0000 JPY||16,0000 JPY|
|2 guests||14,0000 JPY||16,0000 JPY||18,0000 JPY|
|3 guests||16,0000 JPY||18,0000 JPY||20,0000 JPY|
weekdays ; Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Pre-holiday ; Friday, Saturday , a day before National holiday
High-season ; from 28th December to 5th January
If you are not a member of Non-Profit Organization "The Kurashiki Machiya Trust", Please sign-in for the member of use (2,000JPY valid for one year) when you check-in.
- You can easily reserve through our website
>>> CLICK HERE TO RESERVE (Japanese site)
or e-mail us directly [ email@example.com ]
- After receiving your reservation request, we will e-mail you the necessary payment information and banking details.
- All room charges must be prepaid to confirm the reservation.
- Once we have received payment, your reservation will be confirmed. *Charges may apply for cancellations made after confirmation of your reservation.
- We will e-mail you to let you know once your payment and reservation have been confirmed.
- You select your preferred check-in time when you make your reservation. Please contact us as much in advance as possible.
We only require Bank Transfer.
Sorry we do not accept Credit card payment.
|Cancellation 30days prior to check-in date||0%|
|29 to 7 days prior||30%|
|6 to 3 days prior||50%|
|1 day prior or on day of check-in||100%|
Check in time from 14:00 to 17:00
Check out time 11:00
Sorry, pets are not allowed.
Smoking is prohibited in the house.
::: Onsaka-no-ie does not have restaurant service :::
We are located in downtown. All restaurants, bars, galleries are within walking distance.
::: Amenities :::
- Kitchen (IH cooking heater, mini fridge, japanese-tea, dishes )
- Bath amenities (towels, YUKATA, soap, shampoo, hair-dryer)
- Fine linens (we provide FUTON - japanese bed - )
- High speed internet access (not computer prepared)
- Air conditioning and gas fan heater
::: Address :::11-16 Honmachi, Kurashiki-shi, Okayama 710-0054 Japan
::: Access :::
- 15 minutes by walk from Kurashiki Station.
- 5 minutes by walk from Oohara Museum
- 15 minutes by car from Kurashiki inter-change (on Sanyo Exp.way)
[ Google Map ]
::: Rent bicycle :::
We prepare one bicycle for free
::: Parking service :::
1,000 JPY / day : reservation needed
Please feel free to contact us if you require any additional information. We will be glad to help you with all your inquiries.
Non-Profit Organization "The Kurashiki Machiya Trust"
The City of Kurashiki in Okayama Prefecture is famous for the unique townscape of traditional Japanese style townhouses which are called machiya in Japanese.
These townhouses covered by clay tile roofing and storehouses with thick plastered walls are the symbol of this city.
These buildings and townhouses were mainly constructed from the Edo to the Meiji era(17th to early 20th century).
A 13.5 hectare section of the Kurashiki-Gawa riverside area called "the Bikan(lit. aesthetic) Historical Quarter" was selected as "an Important Preservation District for Groups of Historic Buildings" by the Government of Japan in 1979.
The object of "the Kurasihiki Machiya Trust(KMT)" establishment
The historic machiya style buildings and machiya located by Kurashiki-Gawa riverside form precious aesthetic scenery. Because of difficulties maintaining original architecture, vacant houses and parking lots are increasing. Many citizens are afraid of losing traditional Japanese style townhouses and also culture itself.
To preserve traditional culture and lifestyle, non-profit organization "The Kurasihiki Machiya Trust(KMT)" was established in 2007.
- 230 persons and 37 companies (as of the end of March 2008)
- SOURCE OF FUNDS
- admission fee, townhouse charges, subsidy etc.
- RESEARCH ACTIVITY
- Field research of present situation in "the Bikan Historical Quarter" such as houses (vacant or not) and parking lots etc.. In 2006 KMT got a subsidy of about 6 million yen by Cabinet Office, Government of Japan